As a user I would like to set "Points" for each story via a drop-down menu so that I don't need to memorize the fibonacci sequence.
When considering a sprint, time and points are approximately related and the coefficient is the velocity. When considering several sprint, the relation between points and time is more accurate.
But if you take one user story in particular, it's not at all related. I would like to be able to have a pretty complex user story that doesn't take that much time, or (more common use case) the contrary : a user story that is not at all complex (points) but require a lot of time to be completed.
Unfortunately we don't want to introduce two systems for time tracking. You are right, it is possible to have complex stories that are quick to fix, and vice versa, but for the purposes of this backlog, the points are more a representation of effort required and as such correlate to time. If we introduced a new field, this would only complicate things further.
Each month we would like to export the number of story points that each team member has closed within that month. None closed tasks shall continue over to next month. We could also do this export at end of each sprint.
Hi there, when I try to make a snapshot I get an error message. The snapshot isnt taken. Previously it was duplicating the whole backlog and giving it the name of my snapshot
I am sorry to hear that. We have not received any notifications of errors on our side which is odd.
Is the problem still happening? If you can recreate it, please send us the URL to your backlog at email@example.com and we'll look into it.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
It would be helpful to display both the sprint start date (which is displayed) and the sprint end date at the end of the sprint page (which currently is not displayed)
I would like to be able to adjust some history and delete/trim
snapshots to clean up Stats page and make it more meaningful.
Is this possible? I have not found a way to edit/delete info.
It took me some time to finally enter my information correctly in my backlog/sprints. The problem is that I have history and snapshots that are not accurate.
Unfortunately I am really not sure what you are trying to do.
Can you please explain what you mean be history? Or preferably, explain what your objective is and I will see if I can explain how it is done with easyBacklog.
currently i am trying to build a mobile app using phonegap and some libs.
Now i wanted to know whether i can use the name 'EasyBacklog' as part of the project name?
For those who are interested: https://github.com/gabbersepp/unofficial-easy-back...
Testbuilds (currently not working on travisci): https://travis-ci.org/gabbersepp/unofficial-easy-b...
Also i wanted to know if i can use your logo as part of a logo for that app?
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I have been on holiday.
This is fantastic that you are building an app to plug into easyBacklog. I am more than happy for you to use the easyBacklog name so long as you state it's not the official app. I suppose I am just concerned from a liability perspective that if it is not use actually building it, then it's important everyone knows that. Is that OK?
BTW. If you need any help with the APIs please shout.
Its so simple and powerfull that i have no problems with introducing it to our development process, really amazing.
Another point i want to thynk you is that quick feedback/support in here, that makes me feel good as a customer!
actually i tried to move multiple storys between sprints.
To achieve this i was in the sprint view in my sprint 36.
I took a story and removed it from that sprint.
Then i switched to sprint 35 and tried to add the story.
What happens was that this Story was somewhere in the list of all user stories. Not at the top but somewhere inbetween.
I started to search for that story which is annoying especially when i know that i had to do this for 5 more storys.
I found out that you sort the storys per Theme, and this particular story was somewhere in the middle.
im not sure how to solve that really well. Solutions which sounds well for me are:
- make it possible to move storys between sprints even in sprint view.
- make it possible to move multiple storys between sprints even in sprint view.
- make it possible to search for storys in sprint view (search in unassigned storys) searching for Story ID would be enough for me.
Just a few rough ideas
We did actually consider the idea of letting you drag a story directly onto a sprint tab, thus allowing you to move stories directly between sprints. Do you think that would be a) useful, and b) obvious to users. My gut feeling tells me that it would fail on b)
I agree search would be useful here, we will see if we can add a simple keyword filter.
Customer support service by UserEcho